Respecting Information Privacy
There may be circumstances in which we need to transfer personal information outside Hong Kong. If we do so, we strive to ensure that any BCG company to which the information is transferred will be subject to binding privacy obligations.
Problems or Questions
Further Data Protection Information
For more information about privacy issues in Hong Kong and protecting your privacy, visit the web site of the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, Hong Kong.
What personal information do we collect and why?
In order to provide you with services, answer your enquiries, deal with your requests or improve the services we offer you, we may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information, such as your name, email and other contact details (including information that you provide by filling in forms on the web site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the web site, subscribing to our service, posting material, requesting further services or applying for credit. We may also ask you for personal information if you report a problem with the web site. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the web site.
- Details of your visits to the web site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- If we do not collect this personal information from you, we may not be able to provide you with the services or assistance you have requested.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use personal information in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the web site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide a better service to you, for instance by automatically populating forms on the web site by which you make enquiries.
- To provide you with service information, products or services that you request from us.
- We may (1) use personal information held about you to provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services which we believe may be of interest to you and (2) share your information with other Business Class Group companies: Business Class Asia, PFS International, Platinum Financial Services, Lifestyle Brokers, Lifestyle Property, Lifestyle Insurance, so that they can contact you directly about their offers, promotions, goods or services for ILAS products, Hong Kong, Thailand & International property, Mortgages and General Insurance. If we do use your personal information in these ways, we will always give you the opportunity to request that your information not be used for further direct marketing in the future.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service and remind you of your password and username.
Storage, Security and Processing
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to the web site, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. However, we will take all possible steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also use our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we are not responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Data (including personal data) submitted by our customers and visitors to the web sites may be held on servers located in Hong Kong or in the data centres of the Business Class Group’s outsourced data processors. The purposes of transfer of data outside of Hong Kong are the secure storage, back-up and retrieval of data. Business Class Group has implemented policies and procedures to safeguard the secure storage and processing of data intra-group, has verified the security arrangements of its outsourced data processors and has implemented contractual arrangements intra-group and with its outsourced data processors. You give consent to the transfer of personal data on these terms and for the purposes described above.
Correction and Access
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep accurate and up to date any information which we hold about you. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected. You can also gain access to the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions provided for by law. Requests for access and correction, or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held by the Company, should be addressed in writing to: Data Privacy Officer, Business Class Group, 1103A Cosco Tower, 183 Queen’s Road Central, Hong Kong.
Cookies are data that a web site transfers to an individual's hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies, which are industry standard and are used by most web sites, including the web site, can facilitate a user's ongoing access to and use of a site. They allow us to customise the web site to your needs.
All pages on the web site are coded with measurement software which is transparent to the user. The software makes use of an invisible image at the bottom of the web page. This software stores a "cookie" in the browser, which contains a unique string. This enables them to count the number of unique browsers to the web site. This information is collected and aggregated, and in no way does this unique identifier identify a user personally.
Links to Other Sites
We provide links to web sites outside of the BCG web sites, as well as to third party web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to the web site. Before disclosing your personal information on any other web site, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that web site and its privacy statement.